Ukrainian Surrogacy – Obnoxious Questions And Comments To Expect And Try To Prepare For
Most often, people don’t mean to be hurtful. They just have not walked in your shoes – experienced infertility, loss, and all that you have been through.
In most cases, they don’t understand surrogacy and gestational surrogacy.
So you are not completely shocked and horrified, here are some questions and comments, you will most likely be subjected to:
– Why don’t you just adopt?
– You must be rich?
– Is it really your baby?
– How can you know she will give up the baby?
I like mentioning it’s like extreme babysitting, and your surrogate is just giving you your child back. All those comments about being the “real parents”.
– Did your husband have sex with that other woman?
– If she has twins does she get to keep one?
– Don’t you feel so jealous of the surrogate?
– What did the surrogate name the child?
– What does your donor look like?
– Tell me all about your surrogate. Does she smoke or drink?
Wow, you are so lucky you don’t have to get stretch marks, get fat, ruin your body and have all the trials and tribulations of pregnancy.
– How can you breastfeed if you weren’t pregnant?
– I could never be a surrogate. I don’t know how anyone can do that.
– You can borrow my kids for a day and then you won’t want one so much.
– I wish someone had given birth to my children.
– So, they’re not really yours.
Remember, this is your story and your journey. Don’t ever feel like you need to defend your decision or answer any questions you don’t want to.
At first, I thought I needed to explain how our child was part of our family. It took me a long time to realize I did not have to share anything I don’t want to share.